(ARTICLE UPDATED in January, 2021)
Editor’s Note: Originally published in October 2019, this post has been completely updated and refurbished for comprehensiveness, accuracy and relevance.
What’s in it for me?
This article will walk you through a basic procedure coupled with images at each and every step showing how to respond to the reviews on Expedia & Hotels.com. Yes, this post is a bit on the technical side. Hence consider it as more of a tutorial if you’re new to this field and looking to provide quality responses to your online reviews.
Writing review responses can be a bit tricky but thankfully, there is a great list of sites that allow management responses. With a lot of visitors searching for an appropriate answer regarding the etiquette to be followed to respond to the reviews on Expedia, in this discussion, we will talk about how to do exactly that on Expedia Group: Expedia.com & Hotels.com
One of the fastest growing online travel portals, Expedia, the American travel booking website is at the forefront of virtual booking agencies. It offers travelers a plethora of options for hotels, activities, car rentals, cruises, vacation packages, etc. for every budget.
In this article, we have taken it upon us to show you a sequenced version of the way in which you can respond to Expedia reviews with step-by-step images-
1) The first step is to log into the ‘Expedia Group Partner Central’ after you have successfully registered your business on Expedia. Here you have to simply ‘Sign in’ by putting your login credentials.
Expedia.com Review Response Step 1
Expedia.com Review Response Step 2
Expedia.com Review Response Step 3
Expedia.com Review Response Step 4
Expedia.com Review Response Step 5
Note: Avoid picking a cheesy nickname as this box will be sort of acquainting the guest with your role as to who is responding- for instance, XYZ Guest Xperience Management/ Customer Care Executive, etc.
Expedia.com Review Response Step 6
Expedia.com Review Response Step 7
8) After clicking on that, your response will display ‘Pending approval’ below it. This usually takes a few seconds to finalize your response before it goes live. Once approved, the comment will look something like what is shown in the image below by being displayed under the ‘Comment from Hotel Management.’
Expedia.com Review Response Step 8
Coming under Expedia Group, Hotels.com is a subsidiary travel fare aggregator website where you can post management responses to user reviews. Usually, the steps for responding to a review on Hotels.com are the same as Expedia review except for some minor differences. Here is the complete procedure:
Hotels.com Review Response Step 1
Hotels.com Review Response Step 2
With a whirlwind of changes taking place in today’s world, it’s more than important for the hoteliers to stay tuned to the latest updates in the industry. Right from the new products to reputation management, your hotel needs to know it all! Guess what? 77% of travelers are likely to book with management responses to the reviews. Hence your reviews cannot afford to take a back seat!
• Keep a track of all your reviews seamlessly by means of a next-gen dashboard
• Professionally and timely respond to all the reviews across various OTA platforms
• Tired of using “we thank you for your review” and “we regret the inconvenience caused to you?” Our expert team specializes in crafting personalized, unique responses to all your online reviews. Say goodbye to canned, robotic review replies!
• Have additional context to the situation in hand? Providing your input is now easier with just one tap
• Are you a master of words yourself? Have preferences for specific phrases and words? Bring it to the table for us to take your brand to the next level
• Need authority? Our smart prompt feature allows just that, helping you approve each of the responses!