How to Respond to the Reviews On Expedia
(Expedia.com & Hotels.com)
Reviews are an important measure of a hotel’s overall reputation but how a hotel responds to its reviews is even more important to demonstrate to its guests that it values their feedback and takes out time to post an appropriate response to the same. Posting review responses can be a bit tricky but thankfully, there is a great list of sites that allow management responses.
Expedia in Brief
One of the fastest growing online travel portals, this American travel booking website is at the forefront of virtual booking agencies. It offers travellers a plethora of options for hotels, activities, car rentals, cruises, vacation packages, etc. for every budget. Owned by Expedia Group and headquartered at Bellevue, Washington, Expedia.com was launched on October 22, 1996. The company is planning to relocate to Seattle which was scheduled for this year itself (2019).
Expedia was initially a division within Microsoft operating solely as an online travel booking agency. Expedia Inc. covers most facets of researching, planning, and booking travel – this includes choosing a seat on an airplane, planning what to do after arriving your destination and more. It has a host of subsidiaries which are mainly travel fare aggregator websites like Hotels.com, Hotwire.com, Travelocity, Trivago, to name a few. A 2018 worldwide revenue distribution shows Expedia on the second position with 32% share right after Booking.com (41%). Currently, Expedia.com functions as an operating company of Expedia Group.
In this article, we have taken it upon us to show you a sequenced review Expedia procedure illustrated through step-by-step images on how to respond to the customer comments on both these platforms:
How to Respond to the Reviews on Expedia.com
1) The first step is to log into the ‘Expedia Group Partner Central’ after you have successfully registered your business on Expedia. Here you have to simply ‘Sign in’ by putting your login credentials.
Expedia.com Review Response Step 1
2) Once you have logged in successfully, a page called ‘Manage a property’ will be displayed to you. If you have more than one property registered with Expedia, it is feasible to use the ‘Search’ option (see the image below) wherein you can perform the desired search as per the ‘property name, city or ID.’ In other words, it helps to narrow down your search and makes the process less time-consuming.
Expedia.com Review Response Step 2
3) After you have selected the desired property, click on it and a page entitled ‘Today’s Opportunities’ will open containing the number of conversations, real-time feedback and reviews. Since you are looking to respond to reviews here, simply click on ‘Reviews’ without wasting much time.
Expedia.com Review Response Step 3
4) Clicking on Reviews will bring forth a filter called ‘Guest Reviews: Filters’ where in under ‘Reviews’ you will have a plethora of options to select from. Since the task in hand is to focus on Expedia.com, select ‘Expedia’ and after selecting, click on ‘Apply Filter’ to confirm your application (see the image below).
Expedia.com Review Response Step 4
5) After this application, you will be redirected to the ‘Guest Rating’ page where a series of reviews that await your response will be right in front of you. Select the review which you would like to respond to simply by clicking on the ‘Respond’ button (see the image below).
Expedia.com Review Response Step 5
6) After completing the step above, you will see a white empty box or space entitled ‘Your response.’ This is exactly where you need to type in your response (see the image below). After drafting the response in a proper, professional manner, you will be required to enter a nickname under ‘Your nickname.’ Well, avoid picking a cheesy nickname as this box will be sort of acquainting the guest with your role as to who is responding- for instance, XYZ Guest Xperience Management/ Customer Care Executive, etc. Expedia also offers certain ‘Writing guidelines’ which one is expected to adhere to while crafting their responses. This option is available right above the ‘Your response’ box.
Expedia.com Review Response Step 6
7) After you have successfully typed in your response, it’s time to finalize it by clicking on the mustard yellow button called ‘Submit.’
Expedia.com Review Response Step 7
8) After clicking on that, your response will display ‘Pending approval’ below it. This usually takes a few seconds to finalize your response before it goes live. Once approved, the comment will look something like what is shown in the image below by being displayed under the ‘Comment from Hotel Management.’
Expedia.com Review Response Step 8
How to Respond to the Reviews on Hotels.com
Coming under Expedia Group, Hotels.com is a subsidiary travel fare aggregator website where you can post management responses to user reviews. Usually, the steps for responding to the reviews on Hotels.com are the same as Expedia except for a minor difference here and there. Here is the complete procedure:
1) Follow all the steps till Step No.3 until you arrive at the ‘Guest Reviews: Filters’ where in under ‘Reviews,’ you will have to click on ‘Hotels.com’ filter for Review Responses. Once done, you can click on ‘Apply Filter’ to proceed.
Hotels.com Review Response Step 1
2) Reviews from Hotels.com will be displayed to you and once again follow the same drill as Expedia by clicking on the ‘Respond’ button.
Hotels.com Review Response Step 2
3) Follow the steps 6, 7 and 8 listed under Expedia.com to also respond to the reviews on Hotels.com
If following the above steps seems like a Herculean task, we bring something efficient at your doorstep. GuestTouch has an excellent review management solution that enables you to respond professionally to all the reviews without struggling even a bit.
GuestTouch helps hotels get reviews easily, manage reviews on the go and respond to reviews professionally across search, and OTAs to stand out and drive bookings consistently.