How to Get The TripAdvisor Certificate Of Excellence
Achieving excellence in business is almost every hotelier’s dream. Hence the competition to get ahead in the race and maintain a high popularity ranking on some of the leading OTA platforms! Whether you are a hotel or any other business, your reputation over the OTA is extremely important for your customers. One of the biggest players online is TripAdvisor. With over 570 million reviews and 490 million unique visitors, TripAdvisor dominates the search results and user ratings for over 7.3 million hotels, restaurants, and activities around the world, as per its top travel trend report (2017-18).
In fact, you will be surprised to know (if you didn’t know it yet) that TripAdvisor offers a Certificate of Excellence to honor hotels or hospitality businesses that deliver consistently exceptional services across the world. And what is amazing is that there is no application process for this certificate as it is based on merit and can be earned by the business over time!
As evident from the information gathered from the TripAdvisor management centre, this platform has its own ways of felicitating or recognizing the top-rated properties:
a) The Traveler’s Choice: It is an award given out to the best in travel based on factors like quality, service and customer satisfaction.
b) The Certificate of Excellence: It is presented (since 2011) to around top 10% of the total businesses on TripAdvisor which have been able to secure for themselves consistently great traveler reviews over the past years.
Any hospitality business such as the accommodations (Hotels, B&B / Inns, and Specialty Lodging), restaurants, attractions, and vacation rentals worldwide are eligible to receive a Certificate of Excellence. So if your business falls under any of these categories, you are already one step ahead in the game of achieving an Excellence Certificate from TripAdvisor.
Even if there is no set application process for securing the certificate, there are at least some guidelines and criteria which a business has to abide by in order to be qualified for the Certificate:
• It must have an overall bubble rating of at least four out of five on TripAdvisor.
• It must have a minimum number of reviews to qualify.
• Must have a listing period of at least 12 months on TripAdvisor. Certificate recipients are announced annually in late May.
• This achievement will not be rendered out on the basis of any commercial relations with the TripAdvisor.
• You can’t pay to get this certificate.
You do have the option of getting the certificate printed. Here is the detailed procedure listed by TripAdvisor page for that:
• Click on Order Form in the “Claim your Certificate and Sticker” section.
• On the order form page, select the year that you are looking for by clicking the dropdown box next to “Year,” which displays each year your business has qualified for a Certificate of Excellence.
•Fill out your shipping details and submit the Certificate of Excellence Request form.
• Your certificate will arrive in the mail within 8 weeks.
Advantages of Winning This Recognition
The Excellence Certificate comes with a lot of benefits:
We feel that we meet the criteria but we have not received the certificate of excellence. What do we do?
Since reviews and ratings are essential in attaining the Excellence Certificate, it’s important for every hotelier to invest in a good reputation management tool. With GuestTouch, you can engage with your customers online at every touch-point to drive more bookings, create a positive impression and in turn get more reviews.