7 Free Tools By Google to Help You Market Your Hotel
However, Google is far more than just a search engine. It has a variety of tools like Google AdSense, Google Ads, Google Ads Keyword Planner, etc. at its disposal for marketers and developers. It offers the hoteliers a variety of free marketing tools to help them get the best results. The free tools by Google can help you:
• Improve your SEO ranking and make your property discoverable.
• Build brand awareness and visibility of your property to attract bookings.
• Get more people interested in your hotel.
• Track and manage your hotel’s reputation and engage with travelers.
Free Tools by Google for Hotel Marketers to Enhance their Marketing Strategy
#1 Google My Business
Consider this: there is 900%+ growth in mobile searches for “___ near me today/tonight” (for example, “cheap hotels near me tonight,”)
Google My Business can show your hotel in the search results ‘near me’ section and on Google Maps in addition to providing quality information and easy access to your hotel details to influence travelers’ booking decisions.
• Helps travelers get accurate information about your business so they can get to know your property better.
• Travelers can see phone numbers, opening hours, amenities, photos, reviews, directions, and much more on Google Search and Maps.
• To stand out: Add photos, 360° views, videos, engage with customers, enable messaging to connect with potential customers with ease.
#2 Google Analytics
Google Analytics is one of the free tools by Google which is again one of the most potent and practical tools for marketing companies to track traffic on your website. There are various metrics you can track: Acquisition metrics, Behavior metrics and Conversion Metrics.
You can check who visits your site, how much time they spend there, what searches they use, and measure performance. Then, you can use the collected information to fix the issues, optimize your website, provide excellent user experience, and increase conversions.
• Helps you understand your visitors better and provide a great user experience.
• See which channels are bringing travelers to your property’s website.
• Use data to optimize your website to drive results.
#3 Google Search Console
Google Search Console can help you understand why your hotel website is performing well or poorly. Search Console makes sure that Google has access to your content, helps you monitor issues to keep your site clean. It can help you submit fresh content to crawl by Google, so updated information can get found on Google search, and it also allows you to remove old content.
• Helps you measure your site’s Search traffic and performance, fix issues, and make your site shine in Google Search results
• Analyze your site’s impressions, clicks, and position on Google Search
• Submit sitemaps and individual URLs (new content) for crawling, so travelers can discover new content
#4 Test My Site
88% of travelers with smartphones would switch to another site if yours doesn’t satisfy their needs. For this reason, it is essential to create and develop websites suitable for mobile devices. If your mobile website doesn’t load quickly and correctly, you might lose more than half of your visitors. Google Test My Site Tool is one of such free tools by Google. It is a great developer tool that can help you determine your website loads on a mobile device.
• This free Google tool shows the estimated number of visitors that will be lost due to slow load times. It offers a free report on how to speed up your website to get more visitors.
• You can also check the loading time of the best sites in your industry. This gives you an idea of where you are among your competitors.
• The free tool provides an instant list of the best fixes to use, including AMP, image, or cache optimization.
#5 Google Trends
How do you decide what people search for? Google Trends is free to use and gives insights to help determine what kind of marketing copy to use on your website. You can plug in various search terms, compare them, and see relevant insights for specific geo-locations.
• Make informed decisions about your content and marketing copy based on wider interest level and insights from Google search term
#6 Think With Google
If you are into data, insights, latest research, with Think With Google you can gather valuable insights and stay ahead of the curve. The latest data and information about your target audience or industry can help you stay informed and encourage you to allocate marketing dollars in a smarter way to help bring top-notch results. One of the free tools by Google, it is a widely used tool to understand consumer behaviour.
• High-level insights powered by Google research and search insights
• A quality place for understanding industry trends, consumer behavior, marketing insights, etc
YouTube is the most popular video hosting platform in the world. More than 2 billion logged-in users visit YouTube each month and every day people watch over a billion hours of video and generate billions of views. More than 70% of YouTube watch time comes from mobile devices. YouTube offers excellent opportunities to promote your video content to attract and motivate more people.
• Posting exciting videos on YouTube can help your brand reach more people.
• Distributing video on YouTube offers direct SEO benefits in Google Search Engine Results Page (SERPs)
• With valuable video content, you can get great prizes, engagement, and quality links for further engagement with your brand
GuestTouch influences your customers’ booking decisions with cutting-edge reputation management. With us, collect feedback, get more reviews, improve online scores, analyze customer sentiments to make better business decisions. Furthermore, connect and engage with guests at important touchpoints of their journey and drive results that impact revenue.