How to Respond to the Reviews On TripAdvisor
Reviews play an instrumental role in the upkeep of a hotel’s reputation. Be it hotel or any other business, customer feedback is of vital importance in the entire scenario. Again, the way a hotel responds to its reviews speaks volumes about its overall status and reputation. Thankfully, there is a great list of sites that allow the hoteliers to respond to the reviews on their hotel and hospitality provided.
TripAdvisor- the Name Sounds Familiar, Right?
This American travel and hotel website company is a great platform to post management responses. Being the world’s largest travel platform, TripAdvisor also allows public responses. Not only this, but it also allows you to send a private message to the author of the review which, in turn, will only be sent directly to the review contributor. This is extremely helpful in winning the trust of the customers as it helps them feel that the hotel actually cares about their feedback and experience. Thus from the point of view of service recovery, this is an excellent way to boost your hotel’s online reputation.
It is quite easy to respond to the reviews on TripAdvisor. Here, we have illustrated a sequenced procedure with images that will show you how to respond accurately and flawlessly to your customer reviews on TripAdvisor in a few simple steps.
Here We Go….
1. Before beginning with the actual TripAdvisor review response process, you are first required to register as an owner on TripAdvisor by claiming your free listing.You can only respond to the reviews after claiming you free listing (see the image below). In case if you haven’t, now is the time to do it.
2. Once you have claimed your listing, the next step is to log into the Management Centre. This can be done by using your login credentials.
3. After logging into the Management Centre, you can start responding to the reviews right away. However, there are two ways of doing so. You can pick whatever comes across as convenient to you:
a. You can click on ‘Respond to Reviews’ button (see the image below) which is to the extreme left beside the ‘Promote Your Property’ option.
TripAdvisor Review Response Step 3(a)
b. You can click on the ‘Reviews’ tab on the top (5th option) and next to the ‘Marketing Tools’ tab (see the image below). Clicking on the ‘Reviews’ will give a few options in the dropdown of which you will have to select ‘Respond to Reviews’ (1st Option).
TripAdvisor Review Response Step 3(b)
4. Either of the steps will take you to the actual ‘Respond to reviews of (business)’ page where you will be supposed to write your response in the empty white box (see the image below.) Since the page will show you all the kinds of responses (no response, pending, rejected, published) you would badly need a filter to organize and order the ones which still await a response from your end. To access the filter, click on the ‘Filter Reviews’ button on the top (see the image below).
TripAdvisor Review Response Step 4
5. You can apply the desired filter. Let’s say if you have chosen the ‘no response’ filter, it will show you only those reviews for which the responses have not yet been submitted. Once you are done selecting the preferred filter, click on the ‘Apply Filters’ (see the image.) Remember, you can select multiple filters at a time. You just got to ‘apply’ them once you are done selecting.
TripAdvisor Review Response Step 5
6. After applying the desired filter, select a review to which you want to respond. The White box entitled ‘Your response’ which is right below the user review is where you need to fill in your response (see the image below). Compile and type your response. Remember to it keep it crisp, simple and professional. You can check out TripAdvisor’s Management Response Guidelines for more information on drafting accurate responses.
After you have typed your response within the box, choose the desired ‘business role’ (shown in the image) to indicate whether you are the manager, owner, general manager,to name a few on the list. Finally, click the ‘Submit’ button on the bottom right to finish responding to the review.
TripAdvisor Review Response Step 6
If you feel that it’s too much of an effort following the above steps, we bring something handy at your doorstep. GuestTouch has an efficient review management solution that enables you to respond professionally to all the reviews without struggling even a little.
GuestTouch helps hotels get reviews easily, manage reviews on the go and respond to reviews professionally across search, and OTAs to stand out and drive bookings consistently.